PRAGJYOTI CLUB, established on June 20, 1989, is a Sports & Socio-cultural Non-Govt. Organization at Patacharkuchi, Dist. Bajali, Assam, which was registered on the 18th July, 1991 under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860, vide Registration No.- RS/813 of 1991-92. Since its inception Pragjyoti Club has been working for the all-round development of the society.
Aims & Objectives
- To organise sports competitions and sports workshops to develop games and sports and to create attraction towards them
- To practise cultural activities and to give entertainment through these
- To encourage people having literary talents and to publish their literary works
- To provide library facility to increase tendency towards reading
- To provide financial assistance to poor but brilliant students and to diseased and poor people
- To organise workshops to impart practical knowledge
- To arrange programmes to create environmental awareness
- To develop important sites used for different purposes
- To publicize the life and philosophy of great figures like Jyoti Prasad Agarawala, Bishnu Prasad Rabha, Dr. Bhupen Hazarika etc.
- To create unity and fraternity among all section of people.
- To uplift sports, cultural and literary environment.
- To work for rural development utilising Govt. Schemes as an N.G.O.
- To support and promote the students and other people
- To encourage the talent of people through positive thoughts
- To make people aware of environmental issues
- To highlight the life and works of great personalities